how to apply for Umrah visa
how to apply for Umrah visa Islamabad
Muslims wishing to perform Umrah but they want to know how to apply for Umrah visa Islamabad. Falcon Express a licensed operator to provide Umrah visa services in Islamabad; they will apply on your behalf for a visa issued by the Ministry of Hajj and Umrah. UmrahMe is an authorized agent with Way to Umrah, which operates in the capacity of an Umrah Application Service Provider (UASP) licensed by the Ministry of Hajj to facilitate the processing of Umrah Visa Applications submitted digitally by Umrah Service Providers and their agents around the world.
The UmrahMe team will assist you in booking your flights, accommodation, and transportation, given that the cost of the package will depend on the airline travel class, mode of transportation, proximity to the Holy Mosque and the grade of the accommodation and services provided. Rest assured that we will provide suitable residence licensed by the Ministries of Hajj and Umrah and Civil Defense in the KSA, and conforming to all official standards of quality, hygiene, accessibility, and capacity.
In addition to providing a comprehensive package, we will help you acquire the necessary MOFA number*, which you will need to present to our designated external agents along with the required documents in order to have your visa stamped in your passport.
MOFA (Ministry of Foreign Affairs) Number is a unique number generated once your Umrah visa is approved.
Applications for the Umrah visa will only be considered if all the following documents are accounted for:
- Two recent passport size color photographs with a white background. The photograph must be a full-face view in which the visa applicant is facing the camera directly. Side or angled views are NOT accepted.
- Passports, given that they should be valid for at least 7 months from the date of submission of the application form.
- Confirmed and non-refundable airline tickets. Departure from Saudi Arabia should be within two weeks from the date of entry.
- A valid residency permit must be submitted with the application if the applicant is not a national of the country they are applying from. The residency permit must be valid for at least 3 months.
- The Quadruple Meningococcal Vaccine Certificate should be attached. The certificate should have been issued not more than three years and not less than 10 days prior to entry to Saudi Arabia and it should be valid for three years. The vaccination certificate must be with the applicant on entry to Saudi Arabia.
- Biometrics, which can be registered at VFS Tasheel.
- NOC (No Objection Certificate) from the applicant’s sponsor (if applicable), such as their employer, their spouse or their parent.
- Umrah visas are valid for the duration between the 1st of Safar and the 15th of Shawwal, to allow time for the Kingdom to make the necessary preparations for the Hajj season.
- Women and children should be accompanied by a husband/father or a male relative (Mahram). Proof of relationship is required (a marriage certificate for a wife, a birth certificate for a child indicating the names of both parents). The Mahram must travel into and out of Saudi Arabia on the same flight as his wife and children.
- If a woman is 45 years old or older, she can perform Umrah without a Mahram if she travels with an organized group or family and submits a notarized No Objection Certificate from her Mahram.
UMRAH VISA COST :
Umrah visas are granted gratis on first entry; however, the Mu’tamer will incur a charge of SAR 2000 if they wish to perform Umrah subsequently. This fee is only waived following three years from the date of the first Umrah; for example: if you travel in June 2017 and next in July 2020.
Additional Fees: VFS Tasheel will charge a nominal fee (around AED 20) for taking of biometrics subject to VFS Appointment. Visa Fees are included in the package price.
CONSIDERATIONS FOR SAUDI AND GCC CITIZENS: :
Umrah pilgrims from the Kingdom and GCC countries do not need visas or permits.
UMRAH VISA RESTRICTIONS :
- The Umrah and Hajj visas are not interchangeable. You cannot perform Hajj with an Umrah visa or vice versa.
- If someone has a non-Muslim name or has converted to Islam, they must submit a certificate notarized by a mosque or an Islamic center attesting to their religion/conversion.
- Umrah visas restrict travel to the areas in, around and between Makkah, Jeddah, and Madinah. Note that the Umrah visa holder can only arrive in the airports of Jeddah, Madinah, and Taif.
- Umrah visa is not valid for work or residency.
- Citizens of China, Uzbekistan and Iran must apply from their home countries, even if they are currently residing in the UAE.
- Persons with travel documents may not apply for the Umrah visa as such documents are not accepted by the Consulate/Embassy.
UMRAH VISA PROCESSING TIME :
The Umrah Visa process includes two steps:
- Issuance of the MOFA Number. This step is completed after the Mu’tamer completes the online booking and submits the visa application.
- The process of physical stamping of Umrah Visa in the Mu’tamer’s passport. This requires a few checks based on the country of the Mu’tamer, and it may take between 01-03 business days to get the Umrah Visa stamped on your passport.